Okay so here we go: Seven “Interesting” Facts you may not know about me……
- I’ve been a vegetarian for 25 years
- When I was 13 I saw an episode of the TV show MASH where they had a pet lamb. By the end of the show they had to eat it. I never ate meat again.
- I developed breast cancer 2 years ago aged 36. I’ve just finished my treatment which was 6 months of chemo & lapatinib (a clinical trial) followed by an operation to remove the tumor. Then 6 weeks of radiotherapy and then a year of Herceptin.
- I now feel better than ever and attribute my swift recovery to a combination of conventional treatment, healthy diet (during treatment I stopped eating dairy (cow) products and all sugars), reiki sessions and some alternative medicines such as Salvestrol, LDN and Melatonin. I swear by Salvestrol and LDN and I will continue to take these for the rest of my life.
- We used to own a restaurant where I designed the menus but I never went in the kitchen, except to make tea.
- None of my friends and family can believe that I now cook because from the age of 18 I lived on a diet that consisted of Marks & Spencer’s mashed potato and hummus, and I NEVER cooked!
- My ambition is to publish a vegetarian/vegan cookbook that will be a vegetarian culinary journey around the world.